Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Personality... An Off Topic Rant on everything.

So, I've been thinking a lot lately about people. How their families interact and things I think have shaped my friends into what they are. But what the hell shaped me? The way I see myself is that I don't care if other people like it, if I think it's cool then so be it. But I see all these other people(not always people I know mind you) that freak out about something or freak out about the same thing over and over again... and I don't see the point. I think everyone should just go with the flow and be chill.

Some of the things that brought this train of thought on were,

T.V/Movies/Books~

Glee~ People freak out about Gweneth Paltrow being on Glee, I personally have no problem with her. I loved her character and her singing. I still don't see a problem with it. But people complaining about Glee in general bringing on guest stars or bringing new characters/plot lines. I see the same complaints over and over and I can't help but ask why? Why is it such a big deal? It already happened.Nothing you whine about is going to turn back time. I personally love everything about this show, I may not put every song on my ipod but I still like the diversity of the music. This is the one thing Sheraya has my ongoing thanks for introducing me to the show.

Avatar The Last Airbender~ The only thing I heard people bitching about for this movie were the names, really. Anytime I read reviews or even my friends telling me about it, their first reason was always "He screwed up the names." and even before I saw it I would ask how M Knight managed to do that, then I would get a big drawn out thing about Aang being pronounced Ong. I can't stress enough how stupid of a complaint I think this is, he didn't change the names. He used the PROPER pronunciation for them. Avatar is not an anime as much as I have heard this argument. Anime is the shortened name for Japanamation. Avatar is not in any way shape or form made in Japan. Therefore it is a cartoon, an American made cartoon and as Americans you may not know this. But, we tend to not know how to pronounce things the right way. Cry about it. I personally loved the movie and didn't regret buying it. Of course I must also point out that I have not seen the entire series *gasp!* I have seen probably five or so episodes of each book. I intend to watch the series but until I have the  time and the means to do so. I will happily watch my movie.

Ok, I'm probably gonna get shit for this one...
Twilight~ Oh ho ho, if you're gonna comment on "How bad this writing sucks, Edward is abusive and Bella is a stupid whore BAWWWWWWW" You can stop reading right there and get the fuck outta my space. There, did I weed all the whiners out? Anyways, I like these books. I haven't bothered to re-read them since the movies came out. But that really shouldn't matter. Yes the dialogue was... cheesy, some of the word choices mehhh, iffy. But all in all, the books made me laugh, cry and throw them across the room various times. I was one of those "No Edward why did you leave!? BAWWWWW, No Bella! You have to choose Jacob! Because you are an extension of me and I would choose the fuzzy werewolf! BAWWWWW."people, I didn't whine about it on the internet.

I wrote my own fan fiction detailing Jacobs doings after Eclipse. He falls in love with my Werewolf counterpart and they think he imprinted on her, because she sure as hell did on him. Then he actually imprints on Nessie and my character goes off and is never seen or heard from again. Which no one in the story really cared anyways after all the Bella crap. Oops, sorry people that still wanted me to write the last chapter.  I just spoiled it for you, she probably kills herself anyways. Meh.

Anyways, I still liked the books. 'Cept for Breaking Dawn. That book wasn't thought out at all. But still, I am neither a Twihard nor an ANTwilight. I simply enjoyed reading the books and being the voice of Haeden and Kellys Bella.

I don't enjoy it being brought up in real life conversation and being jumped all over for MY OPINION and having others say "You were brainwashed by the media, go read a real book" How about you go get a life and leave others alone. People complain about religion forcing itself down peoples throats and religious people as of late have retaliated with "Well gays force their sins on others!" Don't get me started on this and it may be a little off topic(this is an extreme example, people.) but you get the idea.

Also, I own all the movies so far and I enjoy watching them from time to time. Stick that in your pipe and shut the hell up.
~~~~~~~~~

The Holidays~ My family doesn't celebrate the holidays. Simply put. They don't decorate, the only people that dress up are me and my cousin and her siblings, sure we have food and stuff. But my family has never really had the means to go all out. We've only had one "family reunion" type thing where all my aunts and uncles and cousins got together. It was really fun. It was for the fourth of July, I was around 9 or 10? But our family is all spread out and there have been problems in the past because no one can grow up and that means we haven't really had a reason to go all out either. For New Years, Valentines, St. Patricks, Easter and Halloween we don't really do anything. Sometimes we'll do eggs for the little kids. But as far as I can tell even that's died out.

The 4th, Thanksgiving and Christmas we have dinner, kinda. More so for Thanksgiving. If someone feels like getting fireworks and the times we've actually owned a grill we've done the BBQ thing. We don't do traditional gift-giving around Christmas. Our family is more of a "You get it when you need it." kind of people. We don't do toys most years unless they are from like the dollar store. Usually Grandma will take the kids one by one to do clothes shopping around their birthdays/school starting and then Christmas. So by Christmas we don't really have the need to do any of that "Holiday rush" shopping. I don't think we've even had a tree up since my Aunt Sarah moved to Vegas.

So even though my family has a huge blowout(for one reason or another, like I said. No one can get their head out of their ass long enough to grow up.) around each and every holiday, it's not about presents or about people not getting what they wanted. For the most part, my family is pretty chill. We don't have the pressure like other families do around this time of year.

The reason I brought this up is because I hear about families going into debt, or people being trampled to death or the suicide rate going up around this time of year. I think it's stupid. Why can't everyone just chill out? I mean, I am grateful for every gift I get, no matter the time of year. But it wouldn't matter to me if I got gifts or not. Really. Someone got upset a couple years ago because I gave them something and they couldn't get me anything, I say why freak out about it? People aren't living or dying because you did or didn't give them anything. I say chill, just have fun with your family and friends through the holidays and don't kill yourself. You really are leaving behind someone who cares for you.

On a lighter note, Tony's family celebrates everything and I love it. Spending time with his grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins even his parents is just so much fun. Especially at their parties. (Quilt parties and Black Friday are my favorites cause it's girl talk all day lol.) I love my family and his family, they are opposites and yet the same. I love them all.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I think the reason I posted all this is a question that has been looming on my head for the past little bit. Am I just THAT chill? Or do I really not have any taste in anything? How will my opinions on things like the stuff above shape my kids?

So anyways, this post was kinda long. But I had nothing better to do than rant cause I can't sleep with being nauseous AND having heartburn lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment